Monday, October 4, 2010

Week Eight---October 4th-8th

Guess who is having a birthday this week? I can't believe that you will be thirteen in only a few days. You are growing up too fast...but you are doing a good job of it, so keep up the good work.

There is, however, one thing we need to work on. That one thing is: getting all of our weekly work 100% done. Last two weeks...hmmm...not so good. So, here is the deal: IF you complete all of the unfinished work from last week AND all of the new work for Monday and Tuesday, then Wednesday (your birthday) will be a holiday for you. Included in that, of course, is that your room must be cleaned up for your friends to come over on Saturday, so you really ought to have that done, too. I'd LOVE to have the entire day off, so you can (hopefully) play around with your new animation program. It would be neat if we could start setting up a "studio" in your room and make an animated birthday short. GET YOUR WORK DONE!!

Monday: Catch up anything from last week that remains undone. Do Christian Manhood Lesson 7 this week. Part of your catching up is YOUR PLANNER...Just DO it. Make me proud. ;-) You MUST complete Nature Study Tuesday/Outdoor Hour (ducks and geese) and Sketch Tuesday TODAY. Part of Nature Study is to do the research on the topic, so you must include some good research for me to post. If you can get a photo or two of the ducks/geese you choose to draw, that would be great. Email me links to your info sites, so I can include them. Check Enchanted Learning for simple info and handouts people can print up. Other new work: Math and writing are a must (I can hear you doing them now, so I won't go into details). Do a new typing lesson (20 minutes).

Tuesday: Since we will be off tomorrow (I HOPE!), you need to do the research for Where in the World? Wednesday today. You can email it to me, if you'd prefer to type it, or write it, if you wish. Same info as last week, OK? Just make sure you email (use the cox address) me the links you used. Math: next lesson and at least ten problems (until you are sure you get it, and I must see work to check it). Writing: finish and turn in your Narrative Paragraph. Do one Hey, Andrew! Listen to the Virtuaous Boyhood sermon two with me. Critical Thinking Skills book. Keep up with your reading assignments.

Wednesday: Hopefully, off. If not, you will have to finish what was unfinished and clean your room. Definitely spend time with Lily and ride your bike, if it is nice.

Thursdsay: Math: next lessons. Ten problems. I check. Writing: do next (and final, I think) writing assignment...finish it and turn it in. Bible: Christian manhood lesson 7. Science book lesson. Read about William Penn in Character for Life. Do a Mini-Marshmallow lesson with the kids. Check for new drawing and nature assignments, so you can be thinking about them (and check for Lego Challenge). Watch The Story of Us first video with me and the kids. If it is not rainy, ride your bike and spend time with Lily.

Friday: Mr. Rex's funeral. You will be helping with the parking. I will probably be home with the little kids unitl the reception at Mrs. Rex's house. Please make sure your clothes are ready the night before (and shoes). No school. After the funeral, you may want to read your books and clean the bathroom and back room, so you will have a nice screening room for your "Star Wars Screening Room" party. Read Benjamin Franklin and Benjamin Rush in For You They Signed.

Things you need to know: Book of the week is Quiet Strength by Tony Dungee. Please take extra care to make sure the animals are warm this week. Let us know if we need feed or bedding.

I love you and I can't wait until your birthday!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment